Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

I'm not sure how anyone else did... and I am kinda going against myself when I say this: but I partied really big for Halloween this year.

Had the house all to myself, 4 friends came, and we just had a great time. Last minute I came up with this amazing idea for a costume. I was an old man for Halloween. I put out a lawn chair and would wait for kids so I could yell at them to get off my lawn. I'd call them whippersnappers and tell them to scoot there keester out of here. Fun times. I swept the sidewalk waiting for kids, and people across the street would laugh at me. My costume looked really funny, my acting was spectacular. My throat could have done better because my old man voice hurt after a while.

But then the tricker-treaters died down. The guys played video games while I cooked! I got a few games in of Brawl, I'd sneak in a game when something was finishing cooking. All night I didn't burn (or accidentally melt something) anything, and I made something like 6 dishes in 2 and a half hours. Had both ovens running at different temperatures all night, and I made homemade ice cream. I managed to get away with a smaller slice of cake than everyone else, but eh... I suck because I ate a lot of ice cream. Thankfully my throat felt a little better, but I know hot tea works way better than ice cream. Even hot salt water works better than ice cream for a sore throat.
Woke up this morning with my throat burning. So... I tried something weird. The pain seemed localized and only happened when i swallowed. Felt like the entrance part, the part where if I wanted to throw up I'd just poke, was the only thing hurting. Hurts enough to wake me up, so I though I might as well try what I had in mind.
I took my toothbrush and brushed my throat. Seriously gag reflexed about a dozen times. But every time I held back (didn't have anything to throw up anyway). Now... it doesn't hurt, although I do feel a little pain every once and a while when I swallow still. But it did a lot for me, because now it doesn't feel like every swallow has a load full of snot in it. I feel like all the drainage junk my throat was dealing with just halted, and that took away most, if not all the burn.

So if your throat hurts, just put some toothpaste on your toothbrush, stick it down your throat, and get scratching. eh... but you didn't hear it from me.

No candy.
Yes. I had no candy, will have no candy (in fact, only 5 pieces of candy survived the night).
At least I am capable of not eating candy.

Dinner was a thin piece of fish, and pretty much 3/4ths of a squash.
eh... I'm sick. (but I feel fine!)

Stay beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment