Total Pageviews

Monday, September 14, 2009

Birthday My Not

So I was at a friend's birthday yesterday. His actual birthday is today.
Anyway, birthday leads to cake: and I hate cake. Not only that, but that cake ruined my diet for that day. Before going over to have cake I had eaten nothing but a banana and had a glass of soymilk. Total= ~100 calories. + cake (I really do hate cake, I don't even like how it tastes) = new total of about 600-700 calories, and I had a small slice of cake. But you can't just not eat cake... he is Hindu, and by tradition you are supposed to "act" modest. Truth is, when I go there I don't want to eat anything so I naturally refuse, but also, tradition demands that you eventually accept, and that implies that tradition tells you to keep shoving whatever it is in their face until they say yes.
Thats not all though. He decides he wants to make it a tradition that on his birthday we go to a Round Table Pizza; where the unanimous decision is to order a "Wombo Combo" simply because it has all the meat of the "Ulti-Meat" and more. I enjoyed 2 things about the 'Wombo Combo': 1. Everyone dug in and didn't notice that I hadn't even eaten a slice until there was about 4 slices left. At which someone did notice and watched me heap 2 slices on my plate (I was inwardly angry). and 2. Wombo Combo is also a video gaming term for when a team pulls a 2 on 1 pounding that your opponent doesn't have a chance to escape from.
So I came home with what felt like lead in my stomach. I knew it was a mushy blend of chocolate, thick crust, various meat toppings, and artichoke. Ew...
Anyway, I'm not the type to throw it all up, so when I got home I parked the car out front, locked what I didn't need in the car and took a run. Went a bit over 3 miles or 12 laps around the park I use as my "course."

Anyways I wish you the best of luck. I do consider myself lucky; lucky I survived without discomfort a run with chocolate cake and pizza in my stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment