Total Pageviews

Friday, August 27, 2010

Dear Sweet Twinkie

You dislike me.
You might even feel threatened by me.
Your girlfriend has talked about me like I was a friend...  I was much less than that.  I was sort of a misfit.  Isolated.  Awkward.  Wrong.
Sort like the monster I am today.  So there is no need to feel threatened by me.  She wouldn't leave you for me.  And I would do nothing beyond a modest admiration of her beauty.
I am confused...  You should see that I try.  I put effort through.  I deserve a little recognition.  But recognition... I don't ask, I don't recieve.  Instead I have to suffer your negative opinion.  I respected you.  I might refer to you as sweet twinkie here, but to me that is not who you are.  You are a leader, a teacher, and you are hard on people because you know you can make them better.  You made me better, and you didn't want to.  You disliked me enough to not care for me as you do the rest.
I am in a situation, that you have been in.  I have already made my decision.  Where you choose to lead people in an organization small and barely noticable I will be the bottom of the ladder in an organization with a reputation.  I have much of the same attitude that you did; the attitude that held you from the Blue Devils.  But I will be there in Audition camp, and when I get my spot I won't refuse it.
Sadly, I still feel an obligation to the organization you now teach at in the summers.  I will be seeing you in the future.  And I will be seeing your girlfriend too.
This all reminds me...  I'm quite worthless...
 
 
 
Stay Beautiful

1 comment: