Total Pageviews

Friday, August 6, 2010

35 Miles to Massachusets

I got frustrated today, to the point I pretty much squeaked a word.
If you don't count that, it will have been 7 days since I last spoke after today is over. I am on day 7, and I had planned on only going a week.

But it wouldn't be fair for me to speak my mind.
I have stacked my frustrations so high that only this unlimited sky of silence is large enough to hold them all. If I throw out my frustrations on my fellow corps members it would hurt them. Instructors tell me that my silence is too much...
I am too much. There are so many things that really don't matter that I want to fix.
The hornline has awful posture. A certain tuba player needs a brain. Our Alternate needs to get a dot, there are two open and he isn't doing anything for them. People need to shut up. People need to run more. People need to do yard lining more effectively- I have to say I think my way is the best, but mostly because I stole most of Mr. Indiana's ways. My section is fragile. My section settles for less. My section doesn't know their music. My section isn't strong enough to hold up their horns. My section isn't strong enough to march and play a show. My section can't march with correct technique.

DO YOU SEE?
None of this matters.
But we are taught here that drum corps is our lives while we are here.
All these people, they already know these things. If I yelled at them it would only add to the pressure they have given themselves and the instructors give to them. The most I could do is teach one of the willing what he needs to know, and I will do that, without words even. Of all the individuals here, he is one of the people I enjoy having as a comrade. Him, Jesse, Rhino, Mr Indiana, Tim... there are other people that I can work well with. I just don't get the time. They will be unmentioned.
None of it really matters.
We will not make Semi-Finals. I know this already. It hasn't happened yet, but I already know we won't quite get there this year.

And next year... I plan to move on.

I am ready to move on now.


Unrelated, I plan on writing arrangements in scale degrees so I can practice fun songs in random keys. I have already done Jupiter from Gustav Holst and Amazing Grace. I plan to do more.

Errrr... I hate being light headed because I am out of energy even though I ate. This activity takes a lot of energy...

Stay Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment