Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Can't waste silence

I have had 3 days of silence.
3 days without a word. And only on the 3rd and 4th days have I had to actually communicate.

I like silence. In silence I get to focus; my only regret is focus is self-centered. It is easier to focus on yourself than it is on anyone else: you can only change who you are.
PS: Albert Einstein shared a quote with me, it is "a man can do as he will, but not will as he will"

Also, on another intelligent note, I found the source of why people at health institutions are allowed to force feed people through feeding tubes as Anorexia treatment. But from what I read there didn't seem to be much discussion that went on before deciding tube feeding was appropriate. It was sort of like... It isn't demeaning or dangerous so lets do it.
I wouldn't know...
But I hear it is painful.

This is straight from the Handbook of Eating Disorders 2nd Edition:
"Until relatively recently, there was uncertainty about the legality of compulsory treatment for
anorexia nervosa in the UK but the position has recently been clarified by guidance from
the Mental Health Act Commission:
In certain situations, patients with severe anorexia nervosa whose health is seriously
threatened by food refusal may be subject to detention in hospital and . . . there are
occasions when it is necessary to treat the self-imposed starvation to ensure the proper
care of the patient . . . naso-gastric feeding can be a medical process, forming an integral
part of the treatment for anorexia nervosa. (Mental Health Act Commission, 1997)
The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that compulsory feeding does not constitute
inhuman or degrading treatment; it therefore appears to be consistent with the European
Convention on Human Rights, which has been substantially incorporated into British law
as the Human Rights Act (Radcliffes Mental Health Law Briefing, No. 34, 2000)."


Grrrrrrrr....

Anyways... I don't know how long the silence will go, but it is loads of fun when someone you know says hi and all you do is look them in the eye and wait for them to say something else. People tend to laugh. Isn't it strange how people laugh at something when it is much more serious than funny?
I don't laugh at them. I take them seriously. I'm just in a listening mood, and if they can't see that, then they can listen to me. they shall hear my silence, and maybe they will see it as me being in a listening mood.

Also... I have put weights on my horn. When I am practicing i weigh about 180 pounds. i understand why people that size can't run now... its really hard. And that is with my 6'1" body. My weight has been averaging a little below 145, and when I take off the weights on my horn i am now comfortably able to run, play and march at 170.
I want to comfortably exist at a modest 130; someday when i don't have to depend on food for energy.

Stay Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment