Total Pageviews

Monday, October 19, 2009

Cold So

9 mile run tonight. I did a 9 mile run, and I walked it off for at least a mile.
Also I did over 500 push-ups today.
I even did some one-armed push-ups.
And worked.

How was this possible?
1. Food.
2. Sleep.

I admit, it is much impossible to do this without food at some point, but today I was an absolute pig. I must have binged out 700 calories for lunch. And 700 more for dinner. Ew... But at least my run felt great- like the food felt like it would just go away, or maybe I would just puke. I'm tired in my legs, but I don't smell. I don't ever smell bad after I work out, in fact most of the time I smell better. Do I love my own body too much? Yes. And that is why I do what it wants sometimes.
Truth be told, I couldn't remember the last time I went on a run. I had 2 days of practically nothing this weekend (except lots of heart-racing brawl+ action). I spent way too much time on the video game Super Smash Brothers Brawl, and I still love the game as much as myself, that and I could use some refinements on the hacks I use with the game. I confirm I am a nerd in that respect.

Weakness.
It is a weakness, so is whatever that feeling was that drove me crazy over the past 5 days or so. It seems to have gone away after the nap I had in the middle of the day, but this was some serious 'weakness'. I was flinching when I thought about people I found attractive. I was boiling on the inside when I was thinking about what I had to do with my day. And I didn't know what was going on. Why did I have no control over myself?
I don't know if it was the rest I apparently gave myself, but it just intensified until today. Who knows; it may return tomorrow.

But 9 miles... that is good. My foot hurts, I need new running shoes. 9 miles. I am quite proud of myself tonight. But I am also afraid because I don't know if or when I can do that again.

One thing I want to try is running in the rain. I was thinking I should just pick out an old pair of shorts, and run shirtless, maybe just a mile. But the icy winds here should shock my metabolism.
I need strength.

Strength...
Don't wimp out. When it hurts be smart, but never wimp out. Because you are not a wimp.
Hey everyone out there: be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment