Total Pageviews

Monday, October 11, 2010

Dear Miss Strickland

You had two questions for me.  This is them:
1)  Do you ENJOY being offensive?  You CAN help it.
2)  If you are sorry for the title, why did you not just change it before sending the document?
 
The best Defense is a good offense.
I am inferior to all the writers that we read of.  I am less successful than all of them, and I don't see myself going anywhere in the future.  When I criticize literature I am aware that my standing as a student with a low GPA means that I will never get published, recognized, or attain the same level of education that they have already had.  And when I read their writing I ask myself 'what makes you so special?'
I could do that...
 
I'm missing the point.
I know I am flawed.
I'm bitter because of it.
Strangely enough, I can isolate this feeling so that it only comes out when the grade matters.  If we to discuss a story without any reference to giving me points then I could actually talk how you want me to.
I will not ignore the institutions.  You can tell me to ignore the institutions because you don't like my behavior, but I can't ignore them.
 
I am barred from going to the school I want.  The only physical barrier preventing admission to where I want to be is a GPA.
I'm sick with anger because I can't be what I want, even though what I want to be is useful.
I'm sick with self loathing because it is my fault I haven't had the grades.  I have tried but
I hate the system because I can't do it.  All my life I have tried changing myself so that I can abide by their rules and I can jump through their hoops.  But do you know how wretching it is to change a person?
 
It breaks my heart. 

And it never crossed my mind to change the title
(I turned in an essay with the title READMYSHIT.doc)



stay beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment