Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 9, 2017

What counts

There are advantages to fasting. I don't know them all, but personally it feels good to not have to log anything mentally and I feel secure that I'm making progress. I'll feel lighter all day. I personally have plenty of energy most of the time and my sleep feels better. The break my digestive system receives is both an upside and a downside but that doesn't matter. I don't have to spend money on food. Ketosis is basically guaranteed. Blood sugar evens out (usually).


But usually I get to a point where I'm stupid and weak. I can't think as clearly and my muscles advertise their limits to me.
Still... you don't need to be smart to be successful in life. So I can usually do all that I need to when I'm fasting.


I broke my fast this morning with a coffee flavored plant protein that is going to expire this month and a fiber supplement. The fiber supplement says 20 calories but... like its all fiber? Doesn't that mean its not digested?
Or is it like potato starch, which is praised for its 'resistant starches', but is mostly (maybe this one isn't mostly) digestible carbohydrates. I don't know yet, but I'm hoping a damn college education in nutrition at least involves me in where to find out this sort of information.
I think its ridiculous that we have been alive as humans for so long and haven't figured out that much about the food around us. Granted the processed food wasn't there to study for the longest time, but the older stuff like apples and watermelon should be understood a lot more than they are.


Ranting about food... lol will I ever stop thinking about food?



All that matters is that I'm consistent

1 comment:

  1. hah you American guys have access to such weird kind of processed foods that are totally impossible to understand for me. Like, my friend will grab something in a shop when I get to visit her in NYC and I'll ask her "What is that?" and she'll say the commercial name and I'll ask "Yeah, but what IS it?" and half of the times she doesn't know :-D

    ReplyDelete