Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

The most difficult question

I did something based off the emotion love that was an expression of hatred...

There was a stranger on the internet that was 'coaching' girls on anorexia. I hated him so much I wanted to trace his location so I could hunt him down and kill him. He would brag about how he sent ~30 girls in Inpatient and had 5 or so die.
I was willing to devote my life to his ending if I needed to. I don't like what he did.

But what I did today... for the reason that I cared... verged on coaching. I need to not do that, even if I trust the maturity of the person I'm talking to. Even if I adore them and they really want me to give them a little push. I can't let myself actually do it. I will not be that kind of predator.




A friend of mine is angry at his father over a video his father shared with him. This video was actually shared by the dad years ago and with the same basic message of "hey look its you" because the video is talking about how much of a loser the subject is.
Emotions cause people to react before they interact.
What does that even mean...

This fast was started at 3pm today and will last until Thursday morning unless a medical emergency occurs. And um... I'm going to attempt something only an imbecile would do on Friday. But I can't tell you yet. I'll let you know if I succeed, but hopefully I fail Friday's endeavor for my health.


When you act before your mind has sorted out the proper relationship of events you can get blindsighted by the only emotion you had time to have.
Hurt.
When time is given to feel a spectrum of emotion its easier to use reason.

My friend wants to abandon his current sanctuary under his father just to teach his father not to be emotionally abusive. And I suggested he show gratitude instead.

Why would you show gratitude to a parent that sees you as the stay at home loser in the basement?

I said because if you show gratitude now you'll never do this to your own children. If you can fight bullying by your own dad with kindness then you'll be a better dad because of it.
Its a tough call to make.




Also has anyone ever wondered... who could you safely ask this question: What would you do if your friend- who you thought was so strong- turned out to be suicidal all along?



It might be the most difficult question to find a person to ask...
That won't
Well...
Think its about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment