Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Substances

I find it tragic that the older I get the pickier I get in my choice of friends. I feel like I practically need the person to mimic me or be a twin for me to be interested. 
And also the older I get the easier it is for me to be bored of my previous friends. 

There are so few real people I care about nowadays. I think my best relationships right now is the friend where we have a mutual understanding that neither of us would sacrifice anything to make the friendship better, we just hang out for as long as it provides a decent distraction from the rest of life. 

Always seeking new distractions... I remember I used to simplify the world. I told people that every action is the pursuit of pleasure or a move away from pain.

I would like to revise that to something totally off the mark: every action is for the pursuit of pain or the sabotage of pleasure.
Because no one wants to be happy

Or alive.


It's hard to find a reason to quit




Stay beautiful

2 comments:

  1. The older I get the more I allow myself to not like people. It's hard to think this way, but I don't feel like a horrible person now for thinking "you know, she doesn't really click with me, so i don't really want to hang out with her."
    I think the older we get the less we need other people to feel secure/happy. Is that where you're coming from with this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel differently. That because we now need others we are more careful with our decisions. We want someone who will stick around and we also want someone who we want to stick to. That combines with the need for another makes us more dependent than ever and we tend to put the whole of that burden on one friend.

      Delete