Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The right thing

Someone mentioned how getting older with a poisoned brain drained their patience and passion. They could no longer play their instrument or read new books. I've been in the same place and admitted to the same things. I sank over 10 years into music, and I've lost it.
It reminds me so much of how people spend years in school learning math, only to spend enough time away that they can't even help their children with homework. I'm probably already at that point with math too honestly. Even though math was one of those pastimes that boosted my ego. Nowadays people praise my memory. But its not remembering things, but caring about them that lets me recall data so efficiently.

 

My cat this morning left blood on the floor, she also cried after using the litter box. I think she had a UTI from having a messy shit last night. I would have done more than just comfort her, but all I had to do was provide comfort and she healed up on her own. Sometimes just my instinct on being able to tell intuitively what the most likely diagnosis is and how to deal with it make me feel like I'm destined for medicine. I personally understand how powerful of a healer time is. And I'm sympathetic to pain because I've experienced it. 


Right behind my computer monitor I had a list of 11 things I had to do. I've done 2 of them. I'm so useless. Its great. I mean, not doing these things on the list has already cost me close to $100. But its money I'm willing to spend to do nothing. Sometimes I just don't want to be responsible.

Its wonderful when you can read the character of a person by a book or movie or show they like. I have a friend that I'm sure will enjoy Fate/Zero and Fate/Unlimited Blade Works just because of my read on his principles. It feels like just by having this read I've had an unspoken conversation about honor and morality. 

 

The words: do the right thing- are such loaded words. Sometimes I wonder how much time people consider the meaning of those words. And if those words haunt them every night. 

 

I love being haunted by doing what I perceived to have been the right thing. I'm still haunted by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment